Two new driver releases are now available for desktop Linux users with NVIDIA 515.76 and Mesa 22.2 for AMD / Intel.
With the NVIDIA release being quite a small one here’s what’s new:
- Turing and later: fixed possible excessive GPU power draw on an idle X11 or Wayland desktop when driving high resolutions or refresh rates.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Xorg server to crash if an NvFBC capture session is started while video memory is full.
As for the new Mesa release, there’s been no official announcement or changelog despite the release happening yesterday which our pal at Phoronix spotted and they noted some of these improvements available in Mesa 22.2:
- Better Intel Arc support.
- Intel Ray Tracing performance improvements.
- Intel Vulkan improvements for VKD3D-Proton.
- Work towards AMD RDNA3 support.
- Nouveau starting work towards supporting NVIDIA RTX 3xxx series.
- And various other bug fixes and improvements.